If you’re reading this note today, congratulations on taking an important step forward in either improving your cover crop management and success, or just inching closer to adopting this game-changing conservation tool on your farm.
Today we’re launching the Cover Crop Strategies Weekly Update, an e-newsletter that will share the most comprehensive information in the industry on making cover crops work in your farm system. This email — which will distribute every Friday — is an extension of the Cover Crop Strategies website we launched in February and will help you keep up with the latest information that’s been posted there.
The Cover Crop Strategies Weekly Update will include:
- Feature articles sharing how grower have implemented cover crops successfully on their operations and the benefits and payoffs they’ve realized. We’ve organized these articles by five different management categories — Seeding Practices, Termination, Soil Health, Grazing and Economics — to help you quickly locate information of interest.
- Industry news items to keep you apprised of developments with cover crop seed companies, equipment manufacturers and other industry stakeholders in the cover crop movement;
- An events board where registered users on our website can enter information about conferences, field days or other educational gatherings they’re hosting that are focused on cover crops;
- Podcasts featuring Holtwood, Pa., grower Steve Groff, who operates the Cover Crop Innovators educational website, as well as other podcasts assembled by Cover Crop Strategies editors.
- Videos, blogs, eGuides, webinars and other educational resources focused on a variety of topics related to cover crop program management.
We realize that cover crop needs and practices vary by region due to climate and a variety of other factors. That’s why we’ll be working this year to organize some of our content by geography so you can find information relevant to your precipitation totals, soils, climate and overall farming system.
If you attended our highly successful National Cover Crop Summit last month but haven’t signed up for this weekly e-newsletter, go to www.covercropstrategies.com, enter your email address in the box provided and check the box for the Weekly Update. On the NCCS page you’ll also be able to enter your email to get free access to the event’s presentations as soon as they’re available.
Lessiter Media is proud to bring you this educational resource you’ll receive every week in your inbox. It’s our goal to provide you with the information you need make cover crops a successful endeavor on your farm. If you have any ideas on content you’d like to see included in this e-newsletter or our website, or if you have other questions, please send me an email or call me at 262-777-2430.