The Iowa-based plastics manufacturer, Lundell Plastics Corp., officially unveils its latest product: The Crimping Gauge Wheel. This patented crimping gauge wheel provides unrivaled crimping for terminating cover crops. With the rising cost of inputs, Lundell Plastics’ new solution for terminating cover crops is an effective alternative to herbicides.
“This product gives growers unrivaled capabilities in terms of being able to crimp and plant in one pass–even while following the contour of uneven ground,” said Matt Roeder, Lundell Plastics’ Product Engineer. “It’s the latest example of how our company makes hard work simple for customers.”
The Crimping Gauge Wheel provides an excellent crimp, effectively killing off the cover crop without needing herbicides. Unlike pull-type crimpers, these wheels follow the ground’s contour to get nearly a 100% kill–even on uneven terrain.
Crimping Gauge Wheel Benefits:
- Direct bolt-on replacement for factory gauge wheels
- Does not require additional passes through the field, saving time and fuel
- No need to worry about planting in the same direction as a previous crimper pass
- Assists planter through thick covers to get the seed in the ground
Cover Crop Benefits:
- Shades soil for optimal moisture retention
- Provides necessary nutrients for optimal crop growth
- Provides a slow release of nutrients to the soil as it decomposes
- Increases crop yield